Yesterday's Brian Madden TV show featured a segment where I unboxed and setup a Teradici PC-over-IP test kit. Unfortunately I had to trim that recorded segment down to about seven minutes to fit in the show. This video is the unedited version of my complete hands-on Teradici experience, including:
- A quick overview of my current desktop computer. (Acer desktop, dual 1920x1200 displays, Windows 7.)
- Unboxing of the Teradici "slap shot" evalation kit
- Installation of the PCI-E remote host card
- The "migration" of my desk to the datacenter
- A tour of the Devon IT PC-over-IP thin client "portal"
- Hooking up the thin client
- Connecting to the remote workstation
- Graphics and video performance across the dual diplays
- Audio issues with Windows 7
- Client-side USB device intergration
- CPU usage
This Teradici stuff is kind of cool. You can literally be up and running in under five minutes. This whole video is only about 17 minutes and covers everything in real time with no editing.
And a big thanks to TechTarget program manager Molly Toffey who ran the camera for this video. She recently transferred to our San Francisco office from our Boston office, so she was too green to know to ignore my email "Does anyone want to stay late tonight?"