In this video from Geek Week: VDI, Citrix's Frank Anderson takes us through the installation and configuration of Citrix Provisioning Services and shows us how to deploy a single master Windows XP desktop that can be shared by multiple users. Specific things covered in the video include:
- Getting our vanilla Windows 2003 server ready for Citrix Provisioning Server
- Installing and configuring Citrix Provisioning Server
- Hooking Provisioning Server into our DHCP server
- Building our initial desktop and imaging it for Provisioning Services
- Creating a dynamic desktop group of five VMs based on that single image
- Making a test connection
For a full analysis of the results of this video, read our summary of how Citrix XenDesktop 4 did in our Geek Week: VDI project. This video is part of our "Geek Week: VDI" project where Gabe and Brian tested five VDI products in five days. More information about this project, as well as videos from this vendor and others, is available at www.brianmadden.com/geekweek.