VMworld Europe 2009 took place this week in Cannes, France. Brian's been at the show all week talking to folks and blogging. In this episode of Brian Madden TV, Brian and Gabe discuss the big news and cool things from the show, including what (we think) is the first public video of VMware's software-only PC-over-IP implementation!
Specific topics covered are:
- Why Brian thinks VMware is misleading everyone in the VDI cost space (read the original article he wrote about this)
- Microsoft’s VDI plans (with Allen Stewart)
- A demo of Project Independence, Citrix's bare-metal hypervisor (with Joel Stocker)
- An early look at the software-only implementation of VMware's PC-over-IP protocol implementation (with Warren Ponder)
- What’s happening to Solid Ice and spice now that Red Hat bought Qumranet? (with Navin Thadani)
- A quick overview of my "Terminal Server versus VDI" session from VMworld this year.
- The coolest “wow” factor of the show: VMware's Jerry Chen demoed the mobile phone hypervisor
In the video, I said that I'd post a link to the VMworld video demo of the mobile phone hypervisor. Unfortunately, I can't find that link. So if anyone reading this finds that video, please email me the link and I'll post it.