This week's episode of BMTV is the first regular non-conference show we've done. For these types of shows, we're going to attempt to (1) limit the show to 20 minutes, and (2) stick to a more-or-less standard format from week-to-week. The format will be as follows:
- Industry news and discussion
- A "feature" segment, either an interview or longer video
- The "vendor of the week" feature and the selection of the drawing from the hat of the vendor for the following week.
Today's show includes the following topics:
Segment 1: Industry News
- BriForum 2009 Chicago information and call for papers
- Cisco's UCS and how it affects desktop people
Segment 2: Feature
- Brian visits Dell in Round Rock, Texas, where Jim Lathan explains the BIOS in Dell's desktops hooks into Ardence in a unique way. He also talks about (and shows) what Dell is doing with Teradici's PC-over-IP technology.
Segment 3: Vendor of the week
- Last week, we pulled "Endeavors Technologies" from our hat which contained the names of all 112 vendors in our space, so in this week's show, Brian sat down with Endeavors' founder and CTO, Art Hitomi to talk about the company.
- Gabe closed us out by drawing the vendor of the week for next week's show.