This is our third VMworld 2009 wrap-up show. This week we're focusing on client devices. Brian talks about his mini-crush on Wyse. They had a lot of impressive stuff at the show, including:
- New C-class client devices (small, cheap things with dedicated media processors for processing video locally)
- New P-class client devices with PC-over-IP hardware chips built in. (We did a whole BMTV show on that last week.)
- Wyse Streaming Manager, an Ardence derivative for streaming Windows to super thin clients.
- Wyse Project "Borg," software for turning old PCs into thin clients.
- Wyse PocketCloud, an iPhone RDP & VMware View client
We also discussed the other client products at the show, including Devon IT's VDI Blaster software which converts a PC into a thin client, Microsoft's Windows Fundamentals, and the free iRDesktop, an iPhone RDP client.
And for those of you who'd like to read my June 2005 article claiming you'd be a fool to spend more than $15 on a thin client device, here is it. :)