More and more customers see the benefits of server-hosted virtualization desktops (VDI). There are several important players in this market space, and from a marketing perspective these solutions have a lot in common.
This presentation is based on customer cases and covers the basics of desktop virtualization, the demands of customers, the technical differences between the products, and tips on how to choose the right solution. Join Ruben Spruijt as he provides opinions and great argumentation on such topics. Specific areas covered will also include:
• Overview of desktop virtualization players
• Analysis and evaluation of Citrix XenDesktop, Microsoft VDI, Quest vWorkspace and VMware View
• Advantages/disadvantages of the different VDI solutions, updated May 2012
• Strategic questions you should ask to determine which solution fits the best
• The performance impact on storage and how different storage technologies solve the ‘VDI + storage = deep impact'!
|BriForum is our independent Desktop Virtualization and Enterprise Mobility conference, held in both London and Chicago. Registration for both shows is currently open. The price to attend the two day London show is currently £895. The three-day BriForum Chicago is currently accepting registrations at the Super Early Bird price of $1295 through April 26, after which the price will rise to $1495 until June 14 before ultimately going up to $1595. We're very proud of these shows, and as you can see in the video below, we have some amazing speakers and topics!|
Presented by Ruben Spruijt
This video was previously recorded at last year's BriForum London.