BACKGROUND IMAGE: iSTOCK/GETTY IMAGES
Gabe and Jack share their thoughts on VMworld 2017, including news about Frame, Workspace One, Unified Endpoint Management, and more.
On the last day of VMworld 2017, Jack and Gabe got together to hash out their thoughts on all the end user computing news. This podcast was recorded live on the show floor, so it’s a little noisy. We’ll follow up with plenty of in-depth articles—there was a LOT to talk about. (You can also check out our live blog from Monday’s keynote and EUC super session.)
Here’s what we covered in this episode:
- Frame’s partnership with VMware and Workspace One App Express.
- VMware has put a lot of work into Windows 10 management.
- AirWatch Connect was rolled into VMworld
- Horizon on Azure public beta
- AirWatch support for the Microsoft Intune Graph API. (Don’t forget, you have to license Intune to use this.)
- Where VMware is getting features similar to the Citrix + Microsoft partnership.
- Workspace One Intelligence
- Workspace One Mobile Flows
- Mac management
- Chromebook management
- ThinPrint’s serverless printing
- Lakeside Software SysTrack’s new features
- Best of VMworld Awards—EUC-related winners and runners up include Lakeside Software, ControlUp, Liquidware, Skycure, and Appdome
This podcast really gives you the experience of picking our brains on the show floor! (We had to switch to our backup recording half way through, too.)