Jack and Kyle are joined by VMware's Brian Madden and Gabe Knuth to talk all things VMworld 2019.
After Day 2 of VMworld 2019, Kyle and I were joined on the podcast by Brian Madden (the person, who now works at VMware) and Gabe Knuth (who now works at VMware as well).
- Our VMworld 2019 preview post
- Our live blog of the keynotes, and overview of the Workspace ONE and Horizon news
- The Wednesday night EUC Community Beer Event
- Brian and Gabe on Twitter
Here's what we talked about on the show:
- AirLift 2.0, and how VMware will continue to grow the number of Windows 10 devices managed by Workspace ONE
- Workspace ONE UEM for Windows 10 versus Intune
- VMware Horizon use cases
- The Workspace ONE Virtual Assistant
- Employee Experience and UX SLAs
- VDI versus Modern Management
- Device monitoring and all the other data that goes into Workspace ONE
- The general feeling of VMworld 2019
- Workspace ONE's journey to maturity
- Zero trust and conditional access
- Horizon Services for Multi-Cloud and the Universal Horizon license
- The managed Horizon 7 service on VMC on AWS (the one that SearchVirtualDesktop scooped)
- iOS 13 User Enrollment
- Carbon Black
Thanks for listening!
(Note from the editor: We mentioned on the show that the recording would be cross-posted on the "Definitely Not Official VMware EUC Podcast with Brian and Gabe," but it turns out it's just going to be here.)