BACKGROUND IMAGE: iSTOCK/GETTY IMAGES
Gabe and Jack sit down after the show to hash out their opinions.
Citrix Synergy 2017 just wrapped up in Orlando, and we sat down on Thursday afternoon to go over all the news and share our opinions. This was a lively podcast and we hope you enjoy it! Here’s what we covered:
- The “cloud and security” keynote, and why we recorded our podcast on Thursday instead of Friday. (Here’s our live blog.)
- Citrix Workspace Service
- Citrix Analytics Service
- Identity management
- Will Citrix compete in the IDaaS space? (Plus Gunnar’s article about ID.)
- Microsoft demos and partnerships
- What was there for XenDesktop and XenApp customers?
- Citrix didn’t try to go head-to-head with VMware Horizon. Was this a mistake?
- How many people are on XenApp and XenDesktop 6.5? We look at the VDI Like a Pro survey results.
- The inverse bell curve of VDI/SBC.
- Windows 10 and 10 S
- Ron Oglesby’s keynote appearance
- Samsung DeX
- ExtraHop Addy
- Why you should start playing with AI and machine learning