We're giving away a free pass to BriForum Denver this Thursday as part of our own version of #ThrowbackThursday. It's time to rifle through that closet of yours and pull out the floppy disks, Walkmans, word processors, certifications and other antiques you just couldn't bear to throw away! (There's a slim chance I might have the box that my Prodigy online service disk came in along with a 2400 baud modem). To participate, simply snap a picture of yourself with your retired technology and post it to #BriForum along with a (preferably witty) 140 character description of why you are still holding on to this technology.
Here's what my collection includes in case it jogs your memory:
- Various mid-late 90's HP printer and Compaq desktop certifications
- Two seven-platter, full height 3.25" hard disk stacks
- A 4GB Quantum Bigfoot 5.25" half-height hard drive that I paid $500 for in 1997
- Both 200MHz Pentium Pro processors from an HP Netserver LH Pro
- A copy of Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing for the Apple IIgs
THE FINE PRINT:
Submissions will be accepted through EOD on June 4th, and the winner announced on Friday, June 5th at 12:00 noon EST.
Winner will be awarded complimentary admission to BriForum – July 20-22, 2015 in Denver, Colorado.
Tweet your entries to #BriForum, and please follow @BriForum to be eligible to win.
All participants will receive a discounted offer to attend BriForum, just for being cool!