I have been giving the whole event a lot of thought as I still cannot beleive the success of the event even from an attendees point of view. I'm sure I will be putting more thoughts down as they come to mind.
1. Perhaps the participants would be willing to pay a little more to remove the vendors totally or even dumb their input into more of a 'these are the issue we resolve, period'. I will say however that I was impressed with triCerate, that they were more like attendees than simply a sponsor that drops in, brags about their product and has no interest in what the sessions are about or what the concerns of the community are about.
2. Maybe a more interactive availability of the presentors or a blog on the individual sessions that users can ask questions in during the conference and get specific answers that everyone can see.
3. Maybe petty, maybe a larger Font on the name tags to better identify users?
4. DON'T change the venue, or that type of venue. The theater environment was the perfect informal way to hold the sessions. I cannot explain to people how comfortable of an environment it was.
5. Think about maybe stretching this to a 3 day event with sessions having a little more detail and more time for a back and forth for the presentors and attendees to discuss specific details of isues and environments and even have some 'how I do this' conversations. Side, one-on-one conversations are nice, but others don;t gain the idea sharing in this sort of side-bar feedback.
Sorry, I get typing and just keep blabbing!!