I read through the getting started guide and put together this list of new features:
- Centrally managed licenses across farms.
- Share licenses across farms.
- MMC-based management console.
- Manage sessions, applications, servers, and zones from multiple farms via a single tool.
- Major rearchitecture of zone data collector behavior that allows farms to be more scalable. Data collectors only track load usage for servers in their zone--not the entire farm. Servers can be configured so that users are sent to the least-loaded server in the zone or in the farm.
- Set preferred zones for users.
- Zone-to-zone failover.
- Citrix user policies can now be applied based on server groups, IP addresses, and client names--in addition to users and groups.
- Real delegated administration that allows you to configure different administrators for different servers in the same farm.
- Client side microphone input and bi-directional audio.
- SpeedScreen now accelerates Flash, Quicktime, and Windows Media.
- SpeedScreen lossy image compression.
- All the random logon windows and boxes have been consolidated into a single status box that provides consistent feedback to the user.
- Dynamic Session Reconfiguration allows users to disconnect and connect to session that are different resolutions and colors..
- Hide published applications.
- Web Interface supports both ICA and RDP clients.
I'll download the software later today and record a video of its installation. (Editor's Note: Citrix later said that they would sue me if I put up of video of their beta product, so I didn't end up doing that.