Blah blah, awesome agenda, yadda yadda. I say it every year. But seriously... check out the content we're going to talk about next week at BriForum 10:
75-minute Breakout Sessions
- 5 Forgotten Features for Citrix Environments
- A Single Handheld Device for Everything: The Nirvana Phone...Heaven or Hell?
- Advanced Netscaler Customizations
- An Intro to PowerShell and Why You Need It
- AntiVirus Strategy and VDI
- Applied Math for VDI Design: A Statistical Approach to Designing VDI Environments
- App-V: Advanced Techniques for Post Sequencing
- Best Practices for Windows Layered Management
- Bits and Bytes of Citrix Data Packets
- BYOC: Real World Implementations and Implications
- Citrix Provisioning Services Survival Track Part 3: Revolutions
- Citrix XenClient Hypervisor: Myths and Facts about Real World Readiness
- Completely Configuring Your Desktops via Windows 2008 R2 GPOs: How to Live Without "Registry Hacks" in Your Images!
- Coping with Internet Explorer 6
- Cutting Edge Operational VDI Tips: Prevention of Becoming Bleeding Edge
- Edgesight for the Resource Manager Addict
- Edgesight Under the Hood
- Get Down and Dirty with the XenDesktop 5 CLI
- Going Beyond Templates and Clones: Automate Your OS Deployments and Become a Deployment Guru
- HDX Multimedia Decoding
- Introduction to Storage and How it is Applied in the Virtual World
- Large Farm Design Considerations: Scaling XenDesktop in the Enterprise
- Lie To Me: Using Built-in Windows System Filter in Virtual Desktops
- Mandatory and Default User Profile Tuning
- MFCOM to PowerShell: How to Make the Transition
- Project Virtual Reality Check (VRC) Part 1: Introduction to TS & VDI Best Practices
- Project Virtual Reality Check (VRC) Part 2: Latest and Unpublished Results
- Reducing IOPS & Utilization While Improving Performance in VDI: A Guide to Building Consistent, Predictable Virtual Desktops
- RDP, RemoteFX, ICA/HDX, PCoIP, EOP, Blaze, and RGS: Remoting Protocols Turned Inside Out v2.0
- SBC Roundup 2011
- Server Virtualization: SUCCESS! VDI: Not so Much. Why VDI Adoption Has Been Slow and How Desktop Virt Will Change the Future
- The Consumerization of IT
- The Future of the Desktop
- User Environment Management Smackdown
- User Installed Apps: Why No Vendor is Doing it Correctly (And Why Not)
- VirtuALL User Environment Manager: A Deep Dive into a Free User Environment Management Tool from its Creator
- What’s New in App-V 4.6 SP1 Sequencer
- WinDbg for System Administrators: Find the Root Cause of Your OS and App Crashes
- Windows IOPS Deep Dive: What IOPS Means to You and Why You Can't Do VDI Without Knowing About Them
- XenApp or XenDesktop: Which is Right for You?
- XenServer, Hyper-V, and vSphere for the Agnostic Administrator
Lightning Round Sessions
This year we're also adding a new type of session called "Lightning Rounds" where we have three or four mini sessions in a singe 75-minute slot. The idea for these sessions came from the fact that we wanted to accept many more sessions than we had room for, and also for a bunch of sessions I found myself thinking "I would love to hear this guy talk about this for 15 minutes on this topic, but I can't imagine an hour on it." And bam! The lightning round session was born!
- 2051: The Future of Virtualization
- Advanced NetScaler Customizations
- A New Desktop for 250,000 Users: Issues and Challenges from a Real-life Project
- A Quick Look at Windows ThinPC
- Brian & Chetan's VDI-in-the-Cloud Argument (One Year Later)
- Delivering a Windows 7 Experience on Windows 2008 R2
- Does It Make Sense and Save Time Migrating to VDI by P2Ving Your Existing Systems?
- From Education to Enterprise: How Corporations can Learn Best Practices in Cloud Computing, BYOC, and Virtualization
- St Luke's Health System: A Customer Perspective and Lessons Learned Using Microsoft App-V
- You Need a Bare Metal Client Hypervisor Like You Need a Hole in Your Head
We've been proud of our sponsored sessions since BriForum 1. (If you've never been to a BriForum, this is the kind of event where the sponsored sessions get just as high ratings as the independent sessions. Yay sponsors!)
always proud of our sponsored sessions.
- A fresh look at the PCoIP Protocol
- Deploying End-to-End Desktop Virtualization in Under 60 Minutes
- Desktop Virtualization Isn’t Easy, User Virtualization Helps
- Desktop Virtualization Models and PC Capabilities: Keep Both IT and End-users Happy
- End User Computing 2012 and the Cloud
- Enabling the Next Generation Desktop with Endpoint Virtualization
- Goin’ Virtual: How to get there and beyond!
- IT and User: If Roles were Reversed
- Jedi Masters of Client Virtualization Discuss How to Harness the Force
- Keep Your Virtual Desktops Secure, Available and Manageable with vWorkspace
- Outgunning VDI for a Fraction of the Cost
- PC, Thin Client, Zero Client, and Mobile Server Based Computing/VDI Endpoints - Secrets of Management and How Thin is Too Thin?
- Red Hat Powered VDI: An Introduction to Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization for Desktops
- VDI: Top Deployment Challenges & Best Practices
So hopefully we'll see you all next week at the McCormick Place in Chicago, next week, Tuesday through Thursday. We'll have another BriForum Geek Out, the opening party at Howl-at-the-Moon dueling piano bar, 50-something sessions, 38 speakers, tons of vendors products' in our DEMO lab, and hundreds of geeks. Registration is still available for $1495.
Have you seen our poster for this year's show? (Designed by Gabe's buddy Michael Johnson from Cleveland.)
So.. ten BriForums. What's your favorite memory over the years? The latch malfunction from BriForum 2005? The fire and/or bomb threat from BriForum 2006? The holodeck from BriForum 2006 Darmstadt?
By the way, perhaps even more amazing than ten BriForums is the fact that we've actually had five speakers who have presented at every single BriForum! Can you guess who they are?