We launched a new version of BrianMadden.com last night. Hopefully the only changes you notice are that it's faster and more available.
A few notes:
- The forums are pretty cool now.
- We have the Community News section, which has the RSS feeds of various sites around the web. We don't post the whole articles.. just the first 500 characters or so. Here's an example. We list those on the homepage in that little gray box.
- We realized after being live for about fifteen minutes that we don't have a captcha test for the comments. So we disabled guest comments for the time-being. But we'll get a captcha thing set up soon and turn those back on. (Maybe)
- If you were subscribed to any forums by email, you'll probably need to set that up again. Visit the link under the "My Content" menu when you're logged in.
- You can edit your profile via the "edit" link above the search box in the upper right corner. There you can set things like time zone, profile, post options, enable or disable site-wide email notifications, etc.
I think that's it for now. What are your thoughts?
Oh, for those who are curious, this new platform is based on Telligent's Community Server product. Our setup is pretty much straight out of the box, although we had a good bit of help from the amazing folks at ATGi in Columbus, Ohio.