The discussion of today's show centered around the idea of split personality environments. The questions were: When do a few connected work apps morph into a whole ecosystem? Will users actually like split-personality interfaces? What role do MDM configuration profiles play in all this?
Specific stories we talked about included:
- How much control your personal phone are you willing to give up?
- How many users know IT can wipe their devices, even without MDM?
- Why Citrix shouldn't add MDM to CloudGateway (for more on this, check out the most recent episode of Brian and Gabe LIVE)
- Jack has been talking a lot recently about sandboxed email (including what would happen if Microsoft made Outlook for iOS)?
- VMware announced Zimbra 8. Zimbra 9 will be awesome!