Colin and I were joined by Jim Furbush and Brian Madden for our final show of 2012.
Here's what we covered:
- Dell's recent acquisition of Credant Technologies
- Windows Intune now has more MDM capabilities, but we're not sure what they are.
- 2012 was a huge year for mobile...for everyone except VMware
- Two articles about BYOD—In defense of BYOD by Colin and Why BYOD doesn't matter (nearly as much as we think it does) and we can all stop talking about it by Jack
Finally, we went through the whole year with our favorite articles:
- VMware Horizon Suite to bundle end-user computing tools
- Don't count on BYOD cost savings, experts say
- What iPhone skeptics said five years ago
- Office for iOD: A lose-lose proposition for Microsoft
- How not to deploy a mobile app, by Mitt Romney
- Defining dual-persona mobile app management: Corporate and personal stuff side-by-side on the same device
- Is Apple ruining everything for mobile virtualization? Or are they saving us from it?
- Does Citrix's new mobile app management strategy mean they're now competing with Good?
- Mobile device management versus mobile file synching: Which one is more important for BYOD?
- Despite what many people think, BYOD does not equal consumerization!
- My BlackBerry: "I'm ashamed of it!"
- How consumerization rescued United Airline's computer crash
- Dropbox was hacked. Chorus of IT admins to users: "See? See?"
- VMware and the problem of anticipating the wrong future
- BYOD driven by businesses wanting employees to work all the time
Thanks for listening, and we'll see you next year!