Today's show interwove the topics of mobile virtualization, sandboxed email, and the MDM features in iOS 6.
Here's an approximate summary of the show, with links to relevant content:
- According to an interview by Colin, VMware Horizon Mobile for Android is coming "shortly."
- Jack is excited by the features in Cellrox.
- But we're still not sure about the place of Android-only virtualization in the overal enterprise mobility market.
- We wondered how people really feel about sandboxed email, or if it's even that big of a deal.
- Maybe all we really care about are attachments, and we can take care of those.
- iOS 6 now allows more privacy settings to be changed after an app is installed. This is great, but it's not exposed to the MDM profile. Individual apps and email accounts are no more manageable by IT then they were before. This is good news for MAM providers.