Last year at Brian gave this consumerization of IT session at both of our BriForum events. The session was standing room only at both shows.
This session contains lays out a lot of our views and the concepts that we talk about all the time here at ConsumerizeIT.com:
- CoIT is not always about BYOD, or using the latest iDevices. They're closely related, but in the end they're not the same thing.
- We can't dismiss this being just a problem with "those young kids" because now they're in their 30's and have MBAs and important jobs.
- Every day, more and more rank and file employees are engaging in activities that circumvent IT policies and reach in order to do their jobs. This trend happens at all levels of every company, without the knowledge of IT. This segment of the session was the start of our whole series of delightfully controversial FUIT articles.
- Will the answer be in identity management?
- How is the future of the Windows desktop involved? (Check out this session, The future of the desktop, for more on this subject.)
- What the desktop virtualization industry is doing to deal with consumerization (or at least some aspects of it).