Presenter: Ron Oglesby
Find out why VDI adoption has been slow and how desktop virtualization will change the future. Oglesby will share his thoughts on why server virtualization has been so successful but desktop virtualization has had relatively limited acceptance thus far. This session will look at the acceptance pattern and reasons for adopting server virtualization, and why those same reasons are not sufficient to drive adoption of virtual desktops.
In this session, you will learn about:
- The future of desktop computing
- Why is your VDI program stalled?
- What will the future of desktop virtualization look like next year, and the year after?
- Why is VDI not the panacea? Because we aren’t finish with it yet! Virtual Desktops are more than VMs in the data center, and this discussion will focus on what will change and how virtual desktops will be used all the way to the endpoint device.
- What will drive the next paradigm shift in virtualization