Presented by Christoph Hammer, Chief Technical Officer, ThinPrint
It is surprising how much time goes into printer management and how much of that time can be saved without spending a single cent. In this session Christoph Hammer, CTO for ThinPrint, will address how you can save administration costs by using the powerful features to manage printer drivers and printer queue creation included with Windows 2003 and Windows 2008. In this session, you will learn:
- How to manage remote print systems with Microsoft Print Management Console
- How to use WMI and rundll32 for automated administration of local and remote print systems
- How to test and deploy print environments by using MS Print Migrator
- How to use “hidden” shortcuts to remote printers and spool folders to get to information faster
- Information of the Server Properties GUI to troubleshoot drivers and printing
- How Group Policy preferences can help to create printer queues and map printer shares based on location, operating system, user type, etc.
The techniques and tools presented in this session are either built in into the operating system or free of charge, independent of any additional software and can be used in all Windows based environments including VMware View, Citrix XenDesktop, Blade Desktop, Terminal Server and Citrix XenApp.