Presented by Mike Nelson, Senior SME Analyst for Virtualization, Kimberly-Clark Corporation
Are you considering implementing XenDesktop or PVS and have an existing ESX infrastructure but don’t want to struggle with implementing XenServer just for them? While Citrix would prefer that you use XenServer as the backend hosting platform for its VDI and provisioning offerings, the real world configuration of having Citrix on the frontend and VMware ESX on the backend is a common one. This session will cover using a VMware ESX as your hosting environment for a VDI solution that uses Citrix XenDesktop and Provisioning Server products. Some highlights we will be covering include:
- Getting XenDesktop and PVS to talk to vCenter
- Tips on how to best utilize ESX with PVS, including templating and the creation of master images.
- How the DDC interacts with ESX and some things to watch for
- Some things that Citrix does and does not document on compatibility
- What about vSphere compatibility?
- Audience input and Q&A
We will have a live interaction with a running demo environment and talk about real-world examples.