This is a video of a breakout session from BriForum 2008, presented by Michael Thomason.
Session Description: Sure... everyone has read about Ardence/Provisioning Server (PVS)... what exactly is this operating system streaming and how can it benefit your organization? How can you upgrade from Windows 2003 32-bit to 64-bit in mere seconds regardless of the number of servers? When the "business" asks for more, when security updates come out monthly, when applications change on the fly… how do you keep up? Is it really possible to do more with less?
This is the true story of my implementation of PVS in the data center:
- How I upgraded a large healthcare application to a new version in minutes including a complete Windows upgrade on over 100 servers?
- Scaled an application from 32-bit to 64-bit in a reboot.
- Built an entire Office 2007 Citrix Silo for 25,000 users in one day (including deployment).
Attendees will learn:
- Basic concepts of PVS including streaming service.
- Hardware/network/storage requirements.
- Best Practices for PVS installations.
- How to build a common PVS image.
- How to configure "static configurations" which will survive a reboot (i.e. Citrix local host cache, application data, etc.)
Attendees will see PVS in the "real-world" and in "real-world scenarios". By the end of the session they will have a better understanding of its use and an understanding on how to create a successful PVS implementation in their respective organization. They will also learn how to deal with application issues which may arise.