This is a video of a breakout session from BriForum 2007, presented by John Friend.
Session Description: Building a Citrix Secure Gateway with security, scalability, high-availability and ease of maintenance in mind can be a grueling task. This session will discuss the deployment of such a scenario. We will focus on using Microsoft ISA Server 2006 as the backing technology for the network infrastructure. Links to valuable online resources that greatly assist with the hands-on preparation for your own deployment will be provided.
The following topics will be discussed:
Firewall/Network Design for CSG
- Advantages of a 3-leg perimeter network over a single-hop DMZ network.
- Planning and deploying a 3-leg perimeter network topology using Microsoft ISA Server 2006.
- Route versus NAT within a 3-leg perimeter network and when to use each.
- Port Defining, Publishing, and Access Rules o A look at ISA Server Objects
- Trial by fire – what we learned in planning and deploying in a production environment.
- Making Citrix Secure Gateway reliable via Network Load Balancing (NLB).
Network Engineers and Systems Administrators will want to attend in order to learn about using ISA 2006 for use within a Citrix Environment while improving ease of maintenance, redundancy, scalability, and security within your datacenter.