If you're still on the fence about going to BriForum 2010, this video is a great example of the awesome content you'll see when you're there! Registration is open, but space is filling up fast. Check out briforum.com for details.
Presenter: Steve Greenberg
Co-Presenter: Joe Shonk
Are we seeing the promised results of virtualization for complex workloads? One school of thought believes so, another thinks we may have been led down a marketing rabbit hole.
This session will provide an entertaining and thoroughly geeky look at this important debate topic including:
- To virtualize or not virtualize XenApp and RDS workloads
- Bare metal vs Hypervisor performance, when is bare metal actually a better choice?
- How do we compare user densities when using a 64bit OS?
- Is the cost of virtualization worth it?
- What is the performance cost of virtualization?
- Do we really gain better management?
- Are provisioning services worth deploying?
- Does application virtualization deliver on its promises?
- Does shared storage bring benefits for the added cost?
- When are there simply too many layers in the stack?
The format will be an informed and passionate debate on both sides of the question providing valuable information and observations from the field - true Edutainment.