This is a video of a breakout session from BriForum 2007, presented by Joe Shonk.
Session Description: The Automated Install Part 1 session is a beginner to intermediate guide to learning how to script installs. If you’ve never scripted in your life or you’re just learning, this session is a must. In this session you will learn:
- Why every Administrator/Engineer should learn how to script
- The different types of installers
- Develop a methodology and approach
- Scripting best practices
- How to troubleshoot and pinpoint problems
- In-depth analysis of several installation scripts