Michael Thomason, IT Director, Emory
As we migrate to virtual desktops, many times we forget the most important player: applications. How can we:
- Reduce the number of VDI images required
- Dramatically reduce application packaging/update times
- Deploy/undeploy applications in mere seconds
- Produce stable application builds that can easily promote test to production
Many of you have looked at application virtualization to accomplish this task... mainly for the ease of deployment. Once you implement you learn quickly how painful this can actually me. From launch delays and incompatibilities, it takes a lot of work.
Come to this session and learn how industry leader Michael Thomason has solved this with Symantec Workspace Streaming. Thomason evaluated every product currently on the market and only selected one which met his strict requirements for application delivery.
Attendees will learn first hand:
- How to decrease the number of images required by our organization
- Design a VDI environment based on modular application technology (a single image with layered applications)
- Learn the difference between application virtualization, isolation, and delivery
- Deploy applications in minutes but took hours and days before
Thomason will share with us how to solve the "application problem" just as Provisioning Server solved the "OS problem."