In response to several requests in our forums, Mark Elliott has written a couple of VB scripts that backup and restore policies stored in a Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 or 4.5 farm.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
The backup script is pretty straightforward. It allows you to parse two (optional) parameters:
- Logging detail level
- XML file name the policy information is written to
The restore script has some more parameters, all of which are optional. For example, you can:
- Specify the logging detail
- Whether or not to apply the policy filter
- Whether or not to overwrite a policy if it already exists
- The name of the XML file that you're restoring (from the backup script)
- The policy name (if you only want to restore a subset of the policies in the XML file)