By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Today Microsoft release the first Release Candidate of App-V, Microsoft's application virtualization solution.
- HTTP streaming
- New Sequencer UI
- Dynamic Suite Composition (DSC) for MSI packages
- Improved integration with SCCM 2007 R2
- Reporting. Application usage information is now recorded locally on each client and then sent to a App-V Management Server during Publishing Refresh. This means that offline usage of applications or usage of applications when streaming from different sources is now all accounted for properly in the App-V database. We are also providing new guidance so that customers can run their own customized reports.
- New Manageability tools. We’ve added a OpsMgr 2007 Management Pack to improve the monitoring capabilities of your App-V servers. We’ve added a ADM template to make it simpler to manage common client configurations via group policy. Finally, we’ve created a VSS Writer so that backups of the App-V server can leverage the latest technology
- Client cache improvements.
- New MSI package capability.
- Documentation, I reviewed the documentation. It's pretty good!
The RC version can be downloaded from http://connect.microsoft.com