The Flex Profile Kit from Jeroen van de Kamp and his team in Holland is famous among server-based computing administrators throughout the world. In a nutshell, it provides a logon and logoff script-based alternative to using roaming profiles in a Citrix or Terminal Server environment.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
Version 5 of the kit is now available as an attachment to this article.
Jeroen just finished working on version 5 of the Flex Profile Kit. New features in version 5 include:
- Support for Windows MUI. The multilanguage user interface within Windows is now supported.
- Variable support for StoreRoot & StoreFolder. You can specify path variables in the framework.ini configuration file.
- Redundant OPS file removal. When an OPS (profile settings) file is not used anymore, it will automatically be removed.
- OPS file backup is now optional. The backup of the OPS file can now be disabled within the Framework.ini
- Improved FlexRefresh. No more annoying FlexRefresh messages during logon, no more IconSize bug, and FlexRefresh will now also update cursor settings.
- More Flexible Configuration. It is now possible to specify the full path to the other Framework.ini as a third command line option. This allows the possibility of having multiple configurations.
- 2x Faster Logon. Although there have not been too many complaints :-), a bug in the logon process caused it to load the all the OPS files twice (oops!). This has now been fixed, reducing the logon time by 50%!
- A GUI!!! The Flex Framework can now be configured with the FlexConfig.exe tool written by Magnar Johnsen!
Here's a quick shot of the new GUI: