For those who would like a quick “Google-able” article on how to deploy the new XenApp Web Plugin (formerly known as the web client) this is the article for you.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
To do this, you basically follow the instructions from CTX114097, “Deploying the Web Client 10.1 for Windows through Web Interface 4.6” but with a few modifications.
For Web Interface 4.6
- Rename XenAppWeb.msi to Ica32Web.msi.
- Copy Ica32Web.msi to \Program Files\Citrix\Web Interface\4.6.0\Clients\ica32. (Create the ica32 directory if it does not exist.)
- From a command prompt run iisreset.
For Web Interface 5.0:
- Copy XenAppWeb.msi to \Program Files\Citrix\Web Interface\5.0.1\Clients\ica32.
- (A rename of the file is not necessary.)From a command prompt run iisreset.
Automatic Deployment and Installation of the Web Client
Web Interface 4.5 was the last version of Web Interface where automatic deployment and installation of the web client was an option. This is due to increased browser security in Internet Explorer and Vista making this capability too difficult. That said, you can only configure "automatic detection" in versions 4.6 and 5.0 as described above, versus "automatic deployment."
You should run Web Interface 4.6 instead 4.5 but if you must know how to configure automatic deployment, refer Citrix's article "How to Deploy the ICA Web Client Through Web Interface 4.5."
*Special thanks to Bertine Luzincourt and Scott McDonald from Citrix for their help!