This week had a lot of interesting stories that I kept on thinking about, so I wanted to recap them all one more time:
First off, many people are wondering what Citrix's new mobile application management (MAM) capabilities will look like. Over the last few weeks, it's become clear that Citrix will be adding some sort of MAM to Cloud Gateway, on the heels of the ShareFile Follow-Me-Data features. On Monday I posted an article speculating on possible MAM vendor acquisition targets, and today Gabe posted about another possible way for Citrix to deal with unmanaged mobile devices: MobiliSafe. What features do you think Citrix will (or should) include?
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- "Device Lock/Unlock -- Remotely lock a device, requiring the user to enter a passcode or contact the EASE administrator to unlock the screen. This is useful when a device is reported as lost, misplaced, or stolen."
- "Device Wipe -- Remotely "wipe" a corporate owned device to permanently delete all media and data, and restore to factory settings."
- "App Inventory -- Check inventory at any time to get an up-to-date list of all apps installed on a device."
- "App Delete -- Remotely delete apps installed from the Apperian App Catalog. This feature securely removes the app and associated data from the device without requiring user interaction."
The final part of Apperian's announcement is that their product now includes app-wrapping capabilities, courtesy of Mocana. Apperian has an SDK for incorporating security and authorization features into home-grown apps, but with Mocana Mobile App Protection, you can add certain security features to apps without rewriting them.
Google Drive was announced on Wednesday, and Brian posted his analysis yesterday. Does it have potential? Probably. Will it replace Dropbox any time soon? Probably not. What do you think?
- We recorded Consumerization Nation #2 yesterday.
- Gabe wrote Un-managing all your endpoints: Treat everything as insecure and you don't need to manage devices anymore!
- And finally, hearing about Windows Intune's Android and iOS capabilities at Microsoft Management Summit last week begged for a closer look at the difference (and similarities) between MDM and Exchange ActiveSync.