"Error 26005. Could not start IMA Service in CTX_MF_IMA_StartIMAService State = 1", in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

"Error 26005. Could not start IMA Service in CTX_MF_IMA_StartIMAService State = 1", in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Points 850
Paul Stansel posted on Mon, May 8 2006 3:56 PM
Hello all, a few days ago we moved our DS to a new SQL box. Everything seems ok, and the local SQL account that we use has DB_OWNER permissions to the DS. Today we tried our first new server build since then and are now getting the above error no matter what we try (automated install, hand install, etc;) Any ideas? I have to guess that it's related to the move and that something is wrong with the permissions, but I'm not sure.
  • | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Not Ranked
Points 130

I had this issue after uninstalling PS 4.0 and trying to install 4.5.  I hunted around and the issue is with the IMA service log on account.  When you install try pausing the install right after SNMP for Resource Manager appears(be quick because right after that it tries to start the Citrix IMA service).  Now open Services and change the IMA service log on account from NetworkService to Local System Account.  Now unpause the install.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS