Personalized Settings window? How do I get rid of?, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

Personalized Settings window? How do I get rid of?, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Points 910
Seizure posted on Mon, May 8 2006 3:49 PM
How do I get rid of this Personalized Settings window? I think it's what's putting Internet Explorer and other shortcuts in my Start Menu even though it's disabled by Group Policy

[image]http://i1.tinypic.com/xgk7s0.jpg[/image]
  • | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Not Ranked
Points 280
Have the same issue with the outlook express icon.
Top 500 Contributor
Points 910
I think it's also adding shortcuts to internet explorer even though we don't have any defined in GPO
Guest replied on Tue, May 9 2006 10:06 AM
Found a solution for the Outlook icon.

Go to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components
Locate the Folder {44BBA840-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}
Change the Name of the Key "StubPath" to "HideStubPath" instead of the old name.

Then logon to the terminal and the outlook express icon has been removed.
Not Ranked
Points 280
had been a good idea for me to logon to the forum before. Hope the above solution can help you with your internet explorer icon too.
Top 500 Contributor
Points 910
That's a good start. This might have something to do with using Mandatory Profiles since none of the settings get saved, perhaps that personalized settings is something that loads the first time for a new user. And with mandatory profile, every logon is a new logon.
Not Ranked
Points 280
Yep. That must be the case.

Top 500 Contributor
Points 910
that key only controls the Mail and News party of Outlook Express. Does your shortcut dissapear off your start menu? I renamed the Key from StubPath to HideStubPath but OE still shows up on the start menu.
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Points 910
Ok. I got it to work. Don't forget to also HideStubPath the Outlook Address Book in this key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed
Components\{7790769C-0471-11D2-AF11-00C04FA35D02}

By hidestubpath both keys, Outlook Express won't show up on the start menu. I think we're going to add this registry to our group policy so it applies to all our servers.

Top 500 Contributor
Points 910
Here's the link that helped me out as well

http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/11/16/JIT.html
Guest replied on Tue, Jul 18 2006 5:09 AM
just hide the ikons on the profile for the default user
also works if you wants to hide assecories and so on

/canker
Not Ranked
Points 220
this is a personalize settings which meens that you can do that.
delete your (the administrator) profile
log back in with your username (then you will see the personalize settings procedure)
log back off
copy your profile to the default profile and every new user on that server will not see that message

yossi
Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS