Server not accepting incoming connections!, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

Server not accepting incoming connections!, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Points 400
Joaquin Torres posted on Wed, Apr 19 2006 10:21 AM
OK - I have read every single article regarding this (for the most part)! My problem was exactly the same as described in article http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX127867&searchID=18559889

I couldnt telnet to 1494, but I could RDP. I followed the article step by step and still didnt work. I have read this forum and saw that some users were able to get it working and some still have the issue.

I am running W2K3 Standard fully patched, MXPFR3, SP4 on a IBM X346 with Dual Broadcom nics (1GIG) with its teaming software.

Even after I ran the fix in the link above, still couldnt telnet to 1494 and when I would run a NETSTAT -a, it my server was not listening on 1494 which was preventing connections via Citrix.

FIX (for me at least)

Click Start, Programs, Citrix, Metaframe XP, Citrix Connection Configuration
Double Click on ica-tcp
(my lan adapter was pointing to ALL NETWORK ADAPTERS CONFIGURED WITH THIS PROTOCOL, which was the same setup on every other server in the farm the only difference was that every other server was using INTEL DUAL GIG NICS with teaming)
I then hit the dropdown list and selected (BASP VIRTUAL ADAPTER)

The BASP Virtual Adapter for me was the Virtual NIC that is created when you team two identical NICS together.

Immediately after that, NETSTAT -a showed my server listening on 1494.

HOPE THIS HELPS
This is my first post, so sorry if its in the wrong area!

Thanks
JT
  • | Post Points: 5

All Replies

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS