Remote desktop services is currently busy. , in the Profiles / User Environment forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

Remote desktop services is currently busy. , in the Profiles / User Environment forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Points 1,175
Vishavsi Posted: Thu, Aug 23 2012 11:47 PM

In our XA 6 farm, random users sessions are not able to logoff properly from the server. Looks like their profile is getting stuck in the registry, that will eventually result in disconnected session on the server.

As a result, when user tries to re-connect to disconnected session they are getting the following error message. :-

"The task you are trying to do can't be completed because remote desktop services is currently busy. Please try again in a few minutes. Other users should still be able to log on."

While checking on the server, found the disconnected user's ID is still running 3 processes(Winlogon.exe, Csrss.exe, LogonUI.exe). Other users are able to login fine on the same server without any issues.

I tried to stop the "User profile Service" however it could not stop properly. It went in stopping state.

I searched few hotfixes for above issue however most of the hotfixes are not appliable on server running "Windows 2008 R2 standard".

Server specifications:-

• Windows 2008 R2 standard.
  • XA6 farm running with Citrix HRP01.

Please let me know if you have any clue about the issue.

Regards,
Va

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Points 1,175

Please assist with about issue.

Top 100 Contributor
Points 2,060

I am experiencing the same issue and have been unable to figure out why it is doing this. 

what we've been able to do in the mean time is log onto the server in question, run qwinsta | find /i "disc" 

to find the session id's of the sessions, look through task manager and kill the winlogon process under each. at this point the user is able to log back in.

This is a temporary fix, and i would also appreciate anyone with more info.

Not Ranked
Points 5

Hello Dan,

Hope you are doing well.

I am aslo facing the same issue with XA 06 and its observe with ramdom server and with random user.

i tried the fix you provided in above post but some time its wont work and login stuck at 'user profile services' and  after some time remote desktop service busy error.

Please post if you find any further sol. on this issue.

regards,

YD.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Points 5

Hi Vishavsi, does this help you?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2661332

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS