Hi all, having recently completed an upgrade from PS4.0 to XA6 we have found that the vast majority of printers people have at home and are autocreated which used to work fine under PS4, no longer work at all.
Any job sent to an auto created printer will result in that job flickering for about a minute before the printer eventually goes offline. Nothing actually makes it into the client computers' local queue. This is with the latest ICA client, on either 64 or 32 bit client computers.
Is this 'expected' behaviour? Should this functionality be as broken as it seems to be with XA6? Is there a fix? What are people doing as a work-around? Are we missing something simple?
We are having to install the 'actual' print drivers for peoples home printers - which is not good given the vast array of consumer level printers out there - and is sure to only cause issues somewhere down the track.
Its also not a good look when so much time/money has been spent on the upgrade only to find that we have to tell the business that a core bit of functionality has gone so far backwards...
Thanks in anticipation!
I have been plagued with this issue also.
The easiest fix i can through your way is to have all your users change the print driver on their workstations to a HP LaserJet 4. (HP LaserJet 4000 work also)
I have found this driver works on just about every printer out there.
I some cases the printout is off a little, but it will print. (Watch excel documents)
Once you get everything calmed down, then you can start adding other drivers for user with more than basic printing needs.