Citrix Web Interface Pass-Through Authentication Issue, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

Citrix Web Interface Pass-Through Authentication Issue, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Points 20
collojh posted on Mon, Sep 26 2011 3:15 PM

Hello All,

I have a XenApp 6 environment that I am trying to configure with pass through authentication. Authentication is configured to be done at the web interface from internal requests directly (for now). I have enabled pass-through authentication in IIS 7.0 which the web interface also resides on. I have also configured the web interface it-self to use pass-through authentication. I Installed the on-line plug in and also enabled the group policy template for the clients to use pass-through auth on the PDC. I gave it a couple of days to replicate among the forest.

I am trying to secure the connection with an SSL certificate that I have uploaded and enabled in IIS. I have also enabled the ADFS role on the same server as the web interface. I have chosen to use https with the XML service on port 8080 within the web interface.

The website starts with https://....

Trouble is when I preview the site in the web interface or from any client's web browser (even with the on-line plug in installed) - I get the Citrix logon window - with pass through authentication showing, but stating I didnt enter in the correct credentials - so I know the web site is working, but it does not allow me to log in. I am using the administrator credentials that has the Domain admin etc... group membership. In fact its the account I created this whole environment with. After trying to enter in my credentials (which I don't think I should even have to.. considering that is what pass-through authentication should be doing) It brings me to a 401.1 authentication error. and gives me reasons like I am not using the correct credentials, or I dont have permission to this website.

After making sure my account had full control over the website - I still get this error.

Also, I am guessing this is part of it to, but my on-line plug in will not connect to the web-site. It just shows "no connectiivity". I have spent hours researching this, and still have not found the solution. I must be doing something wrong.

I hope I was clear enough in my description for someone to help me. I have this project coming due soon, and this is holding me up......

So, if anyone has any ideas, please share them with me :)

Thank in advance!

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Not Ranked
Points 10

I did have a similar issue that did not happen on all clients, but just to make sure did you check the appsrv.ini file on the local client for:

EnableSSOnThruICAFile=On
SSOnUserSetting=On

this resolved our issue on a few machines.  We did end up reloading a few other client machines and that solved the issue.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS