Problem recreating a user profile on WS 2008 R2, in the Terminal Services forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

Problem recreating a user profile on WS 2008 R2, in the Terminal Services forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Points 35
Tobias Lindqvist posted on Thu, May 26 2011 6:36 AM

Hi

I'm having a roaming profile I wan't to recreate. The profile resides on a share (\\DFSName\shares\profiles\username.v2). The user is logging on to XenApp 6 on a Windows Server 2008 R2.

I did the following:

1. Delete the contents in \\DFSName\shares\profiles\username.v2
  2. Checked that the userprofile doesn't resides in C:\Users\ on the target server
  3. Checked that the user wasn't listed in HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList on the target server

Still, when I log on as the user. The profile isn't recreated correctly. Only the folders AppData, Desktop and Favorites are created along with ntuser.dat, ntuser.ini and ntuser.pol.

The user is only listed in the ProfileList while being logged on. As soon as it loggs off it disappears. I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case a couple of months ago. The the user was listed if it HAD logged on to the server.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Tobias

• | Post Points: 5

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Not Ranked
Points 35

I solved the problem myself. The error was my own.

When deleting the contents of \\DFSName\shares\profiles\username.v2 I didn't delete ntuser.dat due to settings in Folder Options.

• | Post Points: 25

All Replies

Not Ranked
Points 35

I solved the problem myself. The error was my own.

When deleting the contents of \\DFSName\shares\profiles\username.v2 I didn't delete ntuser.dat due to settings in Folder Options.

• | Post Points: 25
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS