Customize File Security Before Deploying ICA Client 12.1, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

Customize File Security Before Deploying ICA Client 12.1, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Points 1,260
citrix101 posted on Wed, Apr 6 2011 3:20 PM

I'm testing out the Xenapp client 12.1 for deployment.  One thing I've noticed is that when upgrading the client, it doesn't save your file security settings.  We have our users set to "full access" and "never ask again".  We don't want the users to see that popup after the upgrade.  It confuses them and they might select the wrong thing, especially since the new popup isn't as self-explanatory.  And not only that, but 12.1 now asks for security settings for every desktop!

Is there anyway to customize the package before I deploy it to contain the full access setting?  Or is there a registry key I can modify immediately after the deployment? 

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 200 Contributor
Points 1,260

Surely someone has deployed this client before and ran into this issue?

Top 25 Contributor
Points 8,875

I believe it can be done via the ADM file that is included with the client. There is nothing you can customize inside the client.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Points 768

The issue is the 12.1 client uses new policys and no longer uses the ini files or adm templates.

There is a large reg key you merge to handle the 12.x client its called client selective trust.

You can read about it in the following CTX article and download the reg key.

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX124871

Long as short you manually need to go though each key looking for the reference for the setting you want to enable.

So if you want to enable File security and never ask again you need to mod the following keys prior to the merge and use the number 2.

you will rinse and repeat for each service you want to enable and never ask again.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\ICA Client\Client Selective Trust\oidInternetRegionIcaAuthorizationDecision\FileSecurityPermission]
"stereotype"="DbScalar"
@="2"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\ICA Client\Client Selective Trust\oidIntranetRegionIcaAuthorizationDecision\FileSecurityPermission]
"stereotype"="DbScalar"
@="2"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\ICA Client\Client Selective Trust\oidRestrictedSitesRegionIcaAuthorizationDecision\FileSecurityPermission]
"stereotype"="DbScalar"
@="2"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\ICA Client\Client Selective Trust\oidTrustedSitesRegionIcaAuthorizationDecision\FileSecurityPermission]
"stereotype"="DbScalar"
@="2"

You will see they will have access to MIC, PDA, USB, and file security.

Do the following chances for each mapping with the number 2 and you should be set.

Cheers.

Top 200 Contributor
Points 1,260

Thanks!  I'll check out both of these solutions and get back to you ASAP.

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS