Windows 7 and Citrix client losing connection?, in the Client / End User Issues forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

Windows 7 and Citrix client losing connection?, in the Client / End User Issues forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Points 120
Marcy Posted: Tue, Oct 5 2010 2:17 PM
I may be barking up the wrong tree??? I only have one end user on Windows 7 right now and all of the sudden when she is running my hosted app she starts losing connection in Citrix? I have never seen the message before and forgot to write it down. I changed the NIC card settings in the OS on the WS to never sleep to see if that would help but she just called again and said she lost connection again. Anyone have any clues?
  • | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Points 14,654

Are you running an old Citrix client on Win7? try running a ping -t>>Somelogfile.log to a local service to see what the issue is.

Is this for a local or WAN connection?

And less barking at trees.Stick out tongue

--Emil

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Points 120
Marcy replied on Thu, Oct 14 2010 12:43 PM
Running Version 11.0.0.5357 of XenApp. Ping test one day will be no interruptions with 2ms, 3ms, & 4ms. Then the next day I can ping and you will see the time outs and 10ms, 14ms, 19ms and then time outs again and again. Local connection. It really is a bit mystifying??????
Top 25 Contributor
Points 14,654

There is probably something else using high B/W running on the same segment, try enabling Session Reliability and changing the ICA timeout.  Also speak to the local networking team to monitor traffic, do your switches support QoS?

--Emil

Not Ranked
Points 120
Marcy replied on Fri, Oct 15 2010 11:16 AM

Session Reliability is enabled and we set the ICA to not timeout.  And yes we are running QoS.  I have downloaded this: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx to help find the culprit.

Top 25 Contributor
Points 8,784

I wondered whether its worth disabling Sesson Reliability, and setting the ICA Keep Alives (that are bypassed if using S/R). 

I've seen something similar before, where a session was being disconnected because the server genuinely thought the client had gone - it had lost visibility of it (caused by wan acceleration caching). 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Points 1,385

I think I read a similar post not long ago about this.  Your server, does it have unused NIC cards?  The easy thing to do is to try disabling the unused NIC cards and see if your sessions are still disconnected. 

The other thing you can try is going to Network and Sharing Center assuming you're using 2008 or 2008 R2 for your citrix server and look in Change Adapter Settings.  Once in there type hit Alt-N and in the drop down menu click on Advanced Settings.  Make sure your active network adapter is on top and TCP/IPv4 is above TCP/IPv6 not the other way around unless you're using TCP/IPv6.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS