adding to user's desktop/icon/issues, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

adding to user's desktop/icon/issues, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Guest posted on Mon, May 9 2005 11:58 AM
This may seem like a dumb question. Not sure what I'm missing - brain fart or something.
4 server farm. users log into a remote desktop on server2 and server3. i have some published apps on server4. i would like to add icons to all users (on desktop and start menu) for user's logging into 2 and 3, that are published on server4. I have selected the "Add to Desktop/Start Menu" in the application itself, but when I log in as a user, it doesn't show up. ??? thanks for any tips to help free my logjam. :)
  • | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Points 88,220
Metaframe version and OS? client version? Are there any GPO restrictions or any sort of lockdowns in place on the published desktop?
  • | Post Points: 50
Guest replied on Mon, May 9 2005 12:27 PM
mf3, os=2003, gpo's on remote desktop boxes=yes.
  • | Post Points: 5
Guest replied on Mon, May 9 2005 12:27 PM
i am thinking maybe i need to add the program neighborhood agent to my remote desktop machines - ??
Guest replied on Mon, May 9 2005 2:36 PM
Essentially what I'm doing is running a few ica sessions inside the ica session, and want to be able to easily put an icon on all user's desktop &/or start menu.

I tried redirecting the Desktop folder via a GPO but then you get the funky errors (unless you manually do a lot of work) with "cannot find application set", and also "No entry in APPSVR.INI for

Thanks for any help on this one. ///J
Top 10 Contributor
Points 88,220
The applications won't be put on the desktop/start menu until the user opens up Program Neighbhorhood and signs into that.
Guest replied on Mon, May 9 2005 4:48 PM
Hmm - that's too bad. Does anyone know of a way to script a connection and launch the pn.exe & pass through the user's credentials so they show up upon login?

The reason I'm running published apps in the remote desktop environment, is there are some that don't get along well with the published desktop, so I need to isolate them on their own servers.

I wonder if there is another way of doing this then.

Thanks for your comments, Jeff.

Top 10 Contributor
Points 88,220
Well, you brought it up earlier but why not try PN Agent?
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS