Citrix Independent Management Architecture service terminated with service-specific error 2147483708, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

Citrix Independent Management Architecture service terminated with service-specific error 2147483708, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Points 1,175
Vishavsi posted on Wed, Jul 28 2010 10:20 AM

The Citrix Independent Management Architecture service terminated with service-specific error 2147483708

We had fresh citrix PS 4.5 server and it was working fine. There was no issue. IMA issue started after installing RP05 on the server and rebooted the server. After the server reboot, it gave the below error message:-

"Citrix Presentation Server is unable to retrieve the licesnse server location. Check to see if the Citrix Independent Management Architecture service is running without errors. If necessary, set the licesnse server location in the Access Management Console."

I checked the License server in server properties. it's looking good. Also my license server is UP.

I tried to manually start the IMA service and I got the below error:-

"Windows couldnot start the Citrix Independent Management Architecture on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code -2147483588."

In server events I can see the below errors:-

1) Event ID: 7024 -  The Citrix Independent Management Architecture service terminated with service-specific error 2147483708 (0x8000003C).
2) Event ID: 3601  - Failed to load initial plugins with error
3) Event ID: 3609  - Failed to load plugin C:\Program Files\Citrix\System32\Citrix\IMA\SubSystems\ImaAppSs.dll with error
4) Event ID: 26    - Application popup: Citrix Client Logon Message : Citrix Presentation Server license acquisition error (501):  Unable to acquire a license from (UKLHRCTXJVCVM01) server.

I tried the below commands but no success:-

C:\>dsmaint recreatelhc
Recreating LHC database finished successfully.

C:\>dsmaint verifylhc
An unknown error occurred while reading the entry table.

Verify integrity of MS Access LHC. Recreate corrupted LHC optionally.
DSMAINT VERIFYLHC [ /AUTOREPAIR ]

C:\>net start imaservice
The Citrix Independent Management Architecture service is starting..............
The Citrix Independent Management Architecture service could not be started.

A service specific error occurred: 2147483708.

Also the issue is with MFCOM and Citrix CPU Utilization Mgmt/Resource Mgmt service. See the errors below:-

MFCOM service is also not coming up in timely manner. It's given timeout error and keep showing service in "STARTING" mode.

The Citrix CPU Utilization Mgmt/Resource Mgmt service terminated with service-specific error 3439730953 (0xCD062109).

Please help !!!

• | Post Points: 35

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Not Ranked
Points 40
Verified by Vishavsi

Changing the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\IMA\RUNTIME\PSRequired to 0 has worked for me on more than one occasion.

• | Post Points: 40

All Replies

Top 200 Contributor
Points 1,175
Vishavsi replied on Wed, Jul 28 2010 10:27 AM

In registry I can see the CurrentlyLoadingPlugin "ImaAppSs.dll" under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\RUNTIME\

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Points 2,610
Answered (Not Verified) adpot replied on Wed, Jul 28 2010 2:42 PM
Suggested by adpot

encountered same issue several times. Recreating the LHC will not help. Try unjoining the server from the farm and adding it back.

Thanks

• Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Points 20
Suggested by stellarwarlord

I had the same issues. I was upgrading my servers to Rollup 6 and all 40 worked but one failed. Changing the registry to 0 fixed this.

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX122756

The IMA Service fails to start when the value of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\IMA\RUNTIME\PSRequired (32-bit Windows) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\ProductCodes (64-bit Windows) is set to 1; for example, when recreating a server's local host cache, and the System Event Log records the following error messages: Event Type: Error Event Source: IMAService Event ID: 3609 Description: Failed to load plugin C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\System32\Citrix\IMA\SubSystems\MfSrvSs.dll with error IMA_RESULT_REGISTRY_ERROR Event Type: Error Event Source: IMAService Event ID: 3601 Description: Failed to load initial plugins with error IMA_RESULT_REGISTRY_ERROR On systems with Hotfix Rollup Pack 2 or later installed, the following, additional error message is also logged for each product installation that cannot be validated: Source: IMAService ID: 3997 Description: Installation of the following product failed verification: . This occurs when the installer files are missing from the Windows Installer cache. Run a repair on the missing product from the Add or Remove Programs Control Panel Applet to correct this problem. After applying this hotfix, the IMA Service does start even if the installation of installed products cannot be verified and the System Event Log records the following, improved warning: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MetaFrameEvents Event ID: 1227 Description: The Citrix Independent Management Architecture service was unable to locate the required cached copies of Citrix Windows Installer files. It will ignore this error and continue to start up. However, the list of installed Citrix products may not be displayed correctly in the management consoles and future install, uninstall or upgrade of Citrix software or hotfixes may fail. [From PSE450W2K3R06][#209308

• Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Points 40
Verified by Vishavsi

Changing the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\IMA\RUNTIME\PSRequired to 0 has worked for me on more than one occasion.

• | Post Points: 40
Not Ranked
Points 5

Architecture service in Dallas, Texas: Vesna Komarica Architecture is a certified MBE and WBE by NCTRCA. We are flexible and fast in response to project needs. The quality of our documentation is unsurpassed. We have ability to work on small and large project sizes, solely or in collaboration with other architectural firms and professionals. We provide unique design and architectural services in Dallas, Texas for contractors, suppliers, manufacturers, interior designers, architectural and engineering firms. Our creative design skills, technical resource, management proficiency, and rates are competitive. Check us out at: http://www.vesnak.com/

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS