Installing office 2003, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

Installing office 2003, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Points 790
d smith posted on Mon, Apr 25 2005 6:53 PM
Hello all,

We just installed Windows 2003 with Citrix FR3 on one of our server.
I have terminal services set up.

What I want to do is have users connect to the server by just publishing the desktop and use the office 2003 program.
What do I need to do when I install office on the server. Do I have to set up anything?

Any help would be great

Zod
  • | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Points 88,220
Office 2003 doesn't require any special consideration anymore. If you want outlook setup automatically for users though you will want to use the Custom Installation Wizard. My suggestion would be to read through the Office Resource kit (http://office.microsoft.com) for all the information you could want/need for installing office 2003 on terminal services.
  • | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Points 175
Jeff -
I've used the CIW for MS Office in the past - and had no problems automatically setting up the user's mailbox.... at another site now, and the Exchange Server is unable to successfully map the %USERNAME% variable to the user's Exchange mailbox - any idea what is required on the back end (Exchange) - in order to successfully map the mailbox?

Thx -

-RJ
Richard Silva
Citrix Solutions Consultant
rjsconsulting@comcast.net
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS