'Access is denied' when launching app, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

'Access is denied' when launching app, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Points 20
tfarrar posted on Fri, Feb 26 2010 2:59 PM

Hi All,

I've been asked to look into a problem at work which seems to me to be caused by perhaps a damaged citrix db. Here is the issue:

Windows 2008 x64 running XenApp 5.0.
When launching an published application the users receives as 'Access is denied' error just as ICA first starts initializing. Works fine for other users.

Now, this problem started off by affecting one users and then many.

To troubleshoot i copied the publish app and just changed it's name (that's all, nothing else) and all the users could access this fine. Give it a few more weeks and the app with the change name stopped working and so the process repeats. So, the only difference between the working published app and the broken one is the name of the publish app...

Anyone had/heard of this before? Any help greatly appreciated.

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Points 48,651
Suggested by Dan Murray

It could be the Local Host cache on your Zone Data Collector is getting corrupted.  Have you tried recreating it?

DSMAINT /RECREATELHC

Hope this helps.

Dan

Why is it called "Common Sense"? It doesn't seem all that common!

• Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS