there is no Citrix server configured on the specified address, in the Citrix Web Interface forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

there is no Citrix server configured on the specified address, in the Citrix Web Interface forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Points 545
yud posted on Thu, Jun 4 2009 10:56 PM

Hi,

I know this question was aked a number of times. I went through all the answers I could find but non helped.

The client has:

CPS 4.5 farm (multiple servers, running different published apps) on Win2K3 servers

WI 4.6 - sitting in the LAN on the same subnet as the CPS

CSG 3.1 - sitting in DMZ

Internally: everything works fine.

Externally: users can https to the CSG, get authenticated, and see their apps. However, when launching apps they get the error: There is no Citrix Presentation  Server configured on the specified address. (or XenApp Server, depending on ICA Client installed).

The Secure Client Access Method on the WI is configured with:

LAN subnet - Direct

Default - Gateway Alternate (I also tried Gateway Direct and Gateway Translated).

The CPS servers are configured with altaddr and the external address of the CSG.

I viewed the launch.ica file and noticed it always gives the LAN address of the CPS servers, regardless of what settings I have in the Secure Client Access Method.

The CSG is configured to work with the WI.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but cant find what it is. I think I tried every possible settings in the Secure Client Access Method, with no luck.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Y.

• | Post Points: 5

All Replies

Top 500 Contributor
Points 545
yud replied on Fri, Jun 5 2009 12:33 AM

Some additional info and testing:

I installed the WI on the same server as the CSG in the DMZ and configured it as per article:

http://www.msterminalservices.org/articles/Install-Configure-Citrix-Web-Interface-Secure-Gateway-Part2.html

Results are the same! Can get authenticated, can see the Application Set, cannot launch any app.

The launch.ica file is still giving the client the LAN address of the CPS.

Changing the DMZ Settings to Gateway Alternate results in the same error and the launch.ica has the LAN address of the CPS.

regards,

Y.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Points 2,634

Has the IP of the CPS changed since it stopped working? (or has it never worked?)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Points 1,655

Check your firewall rules between the DMZ and your network.  Agree w/earlier post re: IP address change of CPS server.  Reboot your CPS and check again.  Any Event Viewer errors?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Points 545
yud replied on Mon, Jun 8 2009 10:58 PM

Mowens:

Has the IP of the CPS changed since it stopped working? (or has it never worked?)

new build of the farm, never worked.

Y.

Top 500 Contributor
Points 545
yud replied on Mon, Jun 8 2009 11:03 PM

William Kellogg:

Check your firewall rules between the DMZ and your network.  Agree w/earlier post re: IP address change of CPS server.  Reboot your CPS and check again.  Any Event Viewer errors?

multiple CPS servers, IP address did not change (a new build).

Ports 1494 and 80 are allowed from the DMZ to the LAN.

When I look at the launch.ica file I see the LAN address of the CPS server (each time a different server, which shows me that at least load evaluators are working...) and the port is 1494. ie: 10.x.x.x:1494. Surely this should be different?

Any help will be appreciated.

Y.

Top 500 Contributor
Points 545
yud replied on Mon, Jun 15 2009 12:02 AM

Issue is now resolved.

Over 2 hours on the phone with tech support. They could not find what was wrong with my config, nor could they explain why it did not work. They ended up configuring all users to come through the CSG and recommended a 2nd WI site if I want internal users to go directly to the WI.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Y.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS