Error code:c0050025 - Unable to add user in application in farm, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

Error code:c0050025 - Unable to add user in application in farm, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 10 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Points 890
Citrix posted on Mon, Jan 5 2009 9:24 AM

Hi All,

We are running MF 4.0 farm with 4 servers. When we are trying to give new user access to published application, it's giving the following error.

Error Message:-
you cannot change the property of an application published with an updated version of metaframe presentation server. To edit the properties, you must connect to a server with the latest service pack installed or install the latest service pack on all the servers in you farm. Error code:c0050025

We are trying using the metaframe adminstrator ID.

Please assist..

Thanks.

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Top 100 Contributor
Points 2,321

are you sure all servers have the same version? are the hotfixes all on the same and latest level?
maybee you have a problem with some servers installed Citrix Advanced, Enterprise?

you might try to delete the published application and publish it again?

good luck

"one day not online is a day fully lifed!"

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Points 890

thanks for your prompt response.

I need few more help, i am not sure what's happening in farm. I couldn't see the MF level(advance/enterprise) in Farm Name > Right Click > Properties > Information.

Is it the right path where I am checking the citrix level.

pls advice.

Top 50 Contributor
Points 6,864

You can find the edition level by right clicking each server, Set Server Edition (Set MetaFrame Edition - something like that).

Try to add a user from the PSC on another server. Deleting/recreating the published app as Laslo suggested is a good test too.

There could be a problem communicating to the Datastore as well. Check IMA and run a dscheck for inconsistencies.   

Top 500 Contributor
Points 890

Thanks Katie..

In Server Edition it's showing Advanced edition however in CMC it has all the Enterprise edition's features like(Installation Manager, Resource Manager..etc). Same Advanced edition on all the 4 servers.

All the four servers are running with Windows 2k3 standard sp2 .

We tried to add users from the all the servers from the PSC but same error.

It's a production server, not easy to delete/recreate the application. We need to take lot of approvals for that.

FYI..We are using MS Access as Data Store.

Thanks.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Points 895
Suggested by Scott Chiara

Ran into this a few months ago. For us it was one server in the Farm that the netlogon service was stopped.

As soon as I started the service, I was able to add users to Pub Apps.

ScottC.

http://www.thin-planet.com

• Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Points 890
Citrix replied on Tue, Jan 6 2009 10:18 AM

Netlogon service is running fine on servers.

Top 500 Contributor
Points 895

I'm assuming your servers are members of a Domain,  The next place I would check is make sure all Automatic Services are started on all of your XenApp Servers, then make sure your Domain is healthy.  Then try to add a user account to a local groups on one of the XenApp Servers, etc...

ScottC.

Top 500 Contributor
Points 890
Citrix replied on Tue, Jan 6 2009 12:53 PM

Thanks Scott,

I just checked that issue is only with one application. I can able to add users to other applications.

It seems like issue is specific to that application.

Top 500 Contributor
Points 895

Thats interesting, is the app published to all 4 of your XenApp Servers?

In our case it was the same, I was able to add users to pub apps that did not have the that one server in the Servers List of the app.  And was not able to add users to the pub app if that one server with the netlogon service stopped was in the pub apps Server List.

Did it ever work for that application?

I would recreate the lhc on all of your servers, if that has no effect, then I would create a new pub app (Not Copy) of like notepad, and add the same servers to that app as the one that is not working, then try to add users to it.  I'll bet it fails, then remove one server at a time from this notepad app, each time trying to add users to it.

I think you'll most likely find the culpret.

ScottC.

Top 50 Contributor
Points 6,864

I'd also run 'dscheck full apps' from a cmd prompt. If there are inconsistencies, back up your datastore, and run 'dscheck full apps /clean' from the cmd prompt, then recreate the LHC on each server.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS