Beginner looking to learn, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

Beginner looking to learn, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Points 35
Greg Posner posted on Tue, Sep 23 2008 8:22 AM
Hi,

My company just acquired Citrix presentation servers and I do not really know much about them. I would like to read up on them but I am not too sure which books are good. I have been using this site quiet often and it has been a huge help. I am pretty new to the IT world and although I am not great with Exchange (I am learning) I would like to become good with Citrix. We have a Presentation Sever/XenApp 4.0 and 4.5 licenses. I have been playing around with them but I really haven’t dug deep into them yet because I do not want to mess up the current setup.

If anyone could recommend some stuff or point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Greg
  • | Post Points: 35

All Replies

Top 150 Contributor
Points 1,566
Brian has put his 2003 TS book online in a pdf format. It's a great way to get started as you really can't support Citrix without a good understanding of TS, plus they're free. You can read/skim some of the older versions of the Citrix books as many of the concepts and practices are the same, just minor "improvements" along the way from XP to MPS to Xenserver.

http://www.brianmadden.com/books
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Points 24,605
Hi Greg,

I know you are looking to self-educate which is fantastic.

Having said that, a good consultant can perform an assessment of your existing CPS environment, provide a roadmap for change that's inline with your business goals, and assist with the planning and implementation. Additionally, a good consultant will be able to explain the basic concepts, some of the nuances of administering Citrix, and in general shorten the learning curve considerably.

Speaking of which, I would be happy to consult :-)

If you are interested, please get in touch with me via my website URL below.

Cheers,

Alan Osborne

President (MCSE, CCNA, VCP, CCA)

VCIT Consulting - Citrix/Terminal Services Remote Desktop Solutions for SMB

VCIT website My Blog

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Points 5

Hello Greg

As marke replied, you should study the book located on Brian's site. Really a good book.
besides this, here is another great online self study source that will be quietly helpful to you, this is testking.net. Really a good online source of preparing Citrix exam and many other like that one.

John

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS