Citrix Load History, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

Citrix Load History, in the Citrix XenApp / Presentation Server forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Points 1,151
Mike Smith posted on Thu, Jul 24 2008 10:26 AM

Hello,

If I wanted to see what the Load was on a given CPS box at a given time, what utility could I use to do that? I thought this was built in, but I'm starting to believe otherwise now.

Thanks in advance,
--Mike
  • | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Points 24,605
Not sure what you mean by load, but if you are refering to the LE metrics, then use:

qfarm /load

From a command shell. Issue qfarm /? for other options.

Alan Osborne

President (MCSE, CCNA, VCP, CCA)

VCIT Consulting - Citrix/Terminal Services Remote Desktop Solutions for SMB

VCIT website My Blog

Top 200 Contributor
Points 1,151

Thanks for the quick reply Alan!

Yes, So lets say were looking at the Load Manager Monitor and we see the relative load for a server is say 45%. I was wondering if that data was being recorded somewhere so you could pull up historical reports.

For example, I'd like to see a time line of "Load" for a given range, say a week. Nothing granular like the reports you can get from resource manager, but just overall "load %".

Thanks!

--Mike
Top 25 Contributor
Points 7,687
Hi Mike,

Server loading isn't recorded using RM so unless Edgesight has added this (unlikely since it's not a perfmon counter) it doesn't happen.

As an alternative to a recurring batch job running qfarm /load, the Citrix server SDK (http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX114194) gives you scriptable access to a lot of farm properties. The wsh examples even include an excel spreadsheet with embedded vb macro for user session snapshots.

The mfcom property you want to retrieve is LoadOnAllServers.

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
Quest Software
Provision Networks Division

Top 200 Contributor
Points 1,151

Thanks Rick,

Sounds like developing my own script/service to do this will be the way to go. I've done a bit of programming in .net and will probably just end up writing a service to do this.

Thanks!

--Mike
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS