The resource you requested is no longer available from the servers or the specified user no longer has access to it. , in the Citrix Web Interface forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

The resource you requested is no longer available from the servers or the specified user no longer has access to it. , in the Citrix Web Interface forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Points 445
JP Shelkin Posted: Wed, Sep 26 2007 11:04 AM
I have a fresh install of CPS 4.5 x64 on WIN2k3 x64. I installed web interface 4.5 and published IE 64bit. When I access the icon on the web page I get the follwing message."The resource you requested is no longer available from the servers or the specified user no longer has access to it." I've checked it out on Google but there seems not to be an answer. Any one else run into this issue?
  • | Post Points: 110
Not Ranked
Points 75
I encountered this error after changing the internal IP address of the Citrix server, and forgetting to change the firewall NAT in the Web Interface management portion of the management console.

So traffic on port 80 was OK because the firewall sent it to the Web interface, but ICA traffic wasn't being translated properly by that interface anymore, hence the error.
  • | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Points 5
Sudently out off nowhere I have the same issue!! Running PS4.0 on W2K3 SP.1 - Any solotions??
Top 10 Contributor
Points 24,605
Hi,

When are you seeing this error? When you launch a specific app through the WI, or does this error occur with all apps?

Are you running CSG on the same box as the WI?

If this error is showing up under the Message Center heading in the WI, then I would suspect the STAs you have defined are inaccessible. Usually this happens if you have your WI server in a DMZ and the internal LAN hostnames aren't resolvable via DNS. You can either tweak your hosts file to add the hostnames or simply specify IP addresses instead.

If you are using CSG, run through the CSG diagnostic utility too as it will tell you if your STAs are accessible or not. If it reports any errors, try telnetting from the command prompt (just hit enter to escape) to the IP address and XML port (likely 80) of one of the STAs listed. You should see a banner if the telnet is successful. If so, you have a name resolution issue. If not, it might be your firewall config.

Post back any errors you get and provide some more details about which CPS servers you have added to WI/CSG as your STAs, their corresponding IP addresses, and the FQDN of each.

Cheers,

Alan Osborne

President (MCSE, CCNA, VCP, CCA)

VCIT Consulting - Citrix/Terminal Services Remote Desktop Solutions for SMB

VCIT website My Blog

Not Ranked
Points 25
Any solutions yet?
We have a brand new install on Windows 2003R2 64bit with Citrix 4.5 64bit. I can get to the webinterface launch one or two apps and thats it...done. when I close the two apps, I am told that the "The resource you requested is no longer available from the servers or the specified user no longer has access to it."

Any ideas?

Not Ranked
Points 10
Received the same error when building a box at home. Found that setting an alternate IP address resolves the problem.
Not Ranked
Points 10
I think I have found out why this is happnening...

The reason why users receive "The resource you requested is no longer available from the servers or the specified user no longer has access to it." when trying to launch an application from the Web Interface (external or internal) is due to the load on the Citrix Presentation Server. Run Qfarm /load to see what load your server is running it. If its near 10000 then bingo, this is your problem.

To resolve this you will need to change the load evalutor from the Presentation Server to Advanced or a custom one. Restarting your Presentation Server is strongly advised too.

Not Ranked
Points 5
I had the same problem, found out that it was because I only had 1 machine setup as the STA unget the gateway settings in the site on the WI. Added my other pres servers and its all working now.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS