SSL Error 40, in the Citrix Web Interface forum on BrianMadden.com
Brian Madden Logo
Your independent source for desktop virtualization, consumerization, and enterprise mobility management.

SSL Error 40, in the Citrix Web Interface forum on BrianMadden.com

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Not Ranked
Points 45
mattc@saunatec.com Posted: Fri, Apr 22 2005 5:51 PM
We have been running CSG for 8 months with no issue. This morning my users got on just fine. Then in the afternoon they get the screen to login and appears to work. Then the they get the following error:

Citrix SSL Relay Name Could not be resolved. SSL Error 40

What could be the issue?

Thanks
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Points 34,180
Usually when this happens in what was a previously working environment it's due to a problem resolving the FQDN of the CSG server. Can you get a user to perform an nslookup on your CSG FQDN to ensure it's resolving properly?

Shawn

http://www.shawnbass.com

Attend my "Unofficial" 5-day Citrix Master Class.  http://www.shawnbass.com/training.aspx

• | Post Points: 35
Not Ranked
Points 45
When perform NSLOOKUP of the FQDN of my CSG it comes back with the correct external IP address.

However if I do an NSLOOKUP of the IP it reports back the name of the ISP server.

I am a total Newbie with CSG and how this all works with the WI server.

Thanks
  • | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Points 45
This is the event that I get when the user recieves the SSL Error.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: CtxSecGwy
Event Category: Warning
Event ID: 3217
Date: 4/22/2005
Time: 1:56:33 PM
User: N/A
Computer: Secure Gateway Server
Description:
CSG3217 Cannot connect to server [LogonAgent: WI_servername:80], client IP [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:00000] connection dropped.
  • | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Points 88,051
From a client perform a ping. Don't use nslookup. Can the client resolve the FQDN of the both the CSG server and the WI server? Also check both your forward lookup and reverse lookup zones to make sure the entries are correct.
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS